This week the Football Association Wales team are heading over to Milan to capture learning from the the UEFA 2015 final. To help them collect data we have configured the event mapping solution to allow users to collect data directly on maps for review at a later date. It’s not the first time we have set up observer programme applications so here are a few key lessons we have learned over the years.
- Encourage everyone to capture info, it doesn’t matter your role in the office, if you are there then try to pick up anything you see – the more info you have the better.
- Use mobile devices – quick easy to enter systems mean more info.
- Take pictures to capture info, it is easy to put down thoughts later.
- Don’t get bogged down in categorising everything, a simple ‘good practice / bad practice’ will suffice to job the memory.
- Don’t forget to take pictures of signs, programmes, staff, volunteers, maps, tickets, advertising, or anything specifically there for the event, if you see the logo, snap it!
Using an event mapping solution for this makes great sense as everyone can put information in the same place using mobile devices with GPS, and you can quickly build a picture of what happened on a map back at base after the event. If your organisation is due to undertake an observer programme, get in touch and we can help set this up.